Student slices-of-life put under a magnifying glass.
- Movie Review: Godzilla vs. Kongby skylrrayDirector: Adam Wingard Genres: Sci-fi and Action Release Date: March 31st, 2021 The long-awaited showdown of the world’s two most infamous cinematic monsters finally hit the big screens in the Godzilla vs. Kong film duringContinue reading “Movie Review: Godzilla vs. Kong”
- Ask Madeleine: friendships and high schoolby Madeleine SanQuestion 1: My friend of ten years and I have been going through a rocky patch lately. I’m afraid that we may stop being friends because both of us are pretty stubborn. What should IContinue reading “Ask Madeleine: friendships and high school”
- 10 helpful tips for surviving burnoutby Mia KesslerThroughout quarantine we have collectively been dealing with life’s stressors in our own ways, and unfortunately it’s made us easily susceptible to fall into a loop of bad habits. But fear not! Here are someContinue reading “10 helpful tips for surviving burnout”
- Teachers on virtual learningby Madeleine SanWith more people getting vaccinated every day, it seems that by the next school year, Kaiser will be safely returning to in-person learning. Many students are excited to return to school, while others wish theyContinue reading “Teachers on virtual learning”
- Horoscopes May 2021by Mia KesslerAries – (March 21 – April 20) This month is about balancing your social, school, and personal life. It’s often easy to rush through each week, but taking time to live in the moment andContinue reading “Horoscopes May 2021”
- Survey: Plans after graduationby Ashley Tsutsumi77 seniors participated in a survey about their plans after graduation. The first graph represents the students’ location after graduation, and the other regarding their occupation.
- The Alley opens its doors in Ala Moanaby Kera Ann NishimuraAre you a bubble-tea fanatic? Then you don’t want to miss out on The Alley! Located in Ala Moana shopping center, The Alley first opened in Taiwan in 2013 and has rapidly expanded across theContinue reading “The Alley opens its doors in Ala Moana”
- Climate change in Hawaiiby Natalie ClayEarlier this year in March, Haleiwa residents experienced extreme flooding, destroying their homes and driving some from the area. Scientists have reported that extreme weather events such as this are becoming more and more common,Continue reading “Climate change in Hawaii”
- Hawaiian Humane Society volunteer Shelly Pang ready to returnby Anson LeungWhen the coronavirus struck, many businesses had to shut down due to the implementation of pandemic restrictions. Although they escaped full closure, the restrictions forced the Hawaiian Humane Society to stop taking volunteers. Although itContinue reading “Hawaiian Humane Society volunteer Shelly Pang ready to return”
- Muki Dogs combines modern tastes and tradition with vegan hotdog standby Mia KesslerHave you ever been to an outdoor traditional hotdog stand? If not, then you’re in luck! Located on the main street of Waialae Avenue, the Muki Dogs hotdog stand serves delicious vegan hotdogs that areContinue reading “Muki Dogs combines modern tastes and tradition with vegan hotdog stand”
- Survey: COVID-19 vaccination willingnessby Lilia DonleyPros Cons – “I’ve had many family members who took it and are okay now so I trust the vaccine a little bit more than I used to.”– “I can keep people around me safeContinue reading “Survey: COVID-19 vaccination willingness”
- Oscar predictions for some of 2020’s hit moviesby Ailee KnauffThe Midnight Sky Synopsis: A crew of astronauts is coming back home to apocalyptic earth, and an arctic scientist is on a mission to contact them, hoping to accomplish his dying deed. Review/thoughts: The midnightContinue reading “Oscar predictions for some of 2020’s hit movies”
- O’Neill’s new adoptionsby Ashley TsutsumiKaiser Algebra I teacher Meagan O’Neill has recently grown her ohana. In December, O’Neill adopted four children: Manju, Sanjay, Poonam, and Manisha. The children, biological siblings, are from Kanpur, in Northeast India, about four hoursContinue reading “O’Neill’s new adoptions”
- Security guards’ personal security threatenedby Kyle_Heim24Students are back on campus, and it’s up to the security guards to make sure that the return goes as smoothly as possible. The guards have tackled the challenge readily, organizing the installation of temperatureContinue reading “Security guards’ personal security threatened”
- Ask Madeleine: Pandemic Strugglesby Madeleine San“I enjoy having school online, but I miss being able to socialize. I’m new to Kaiser and don’t have any friends. How can I make friends if I’m scared and shy?” -Antisocial and Afraid Response:Continue reading “Ask Madeleine: Pandemic Struggles”
- Outfit ideas to pair with your maskby Madeleine SanLet’s start off with a simple cute outfit. The weather has been pretty chilly recently, so dressing up with layers and long clothes is ideal. For girls, a pair of black mom jeans with aContinue reading “Outfit ideas to pair with your mask”
- Horoscopes Spring 2021by Mia KesslerAries Sun – (March 21 – April 20) Through this month, don’t waste your energy chasing things that aren’t in your control. Remember that asking for the help of your loved ones will support you,Continue reading “Horoscopes Spring 2021”
- Wonder Woman 1984 not so wonderfulby Hannah HanWonder Woman was widely renowned as the best DC movie, winning several awards including Movie of the Year (AFI Awards, USA), Best Action Movie (Critics Choice Awards), and Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie (Dragon Awards). And lastContinue reading “Wonder Woman 1984 not so wonderful”
- Mask sewing by a math teacherby Hannah HanSchool can take a heavy toll on both teachers and students, especially during this time, so having a hobby can help cope with stress. Kristie Yamamoto, a math teacher at Kaiser, has an interesting hobby:Continue reading “Mask sewing by a math teacher”
- Recipe: Hot Chocolate Bombsby Lilia DonleyHot Chocolate Bombs (6 servings) This hot chocolate bomb recipe makes spheres of chocolate filled with cocoa powder and mini marshmallows. These “bombs” are placed in a mug, with warm milk poured over the top.Continue reading “Recipe: Hot Chocolate Bombs”
Follow the Cougar Connection
Get connected directly to your inbox.